Urgent Repairs

Urgent Repairs (after business hours)

Difference between urgent and non-urgent repairs

The Residential Tenancies Act 1997 distinguishes between urgent and non-urgent repairs.

All repairs are the landlord's or owner's responsibility, but if the tenant or resident caused the damage, the landlord or owner can ask them to arrange or pay for repairs.

Set procedures must be followed when dealing with urgent or non-urgent repairs request must be in writing. Tenants and residents must continue paying rent even when they are waiting for repairs to be done.

Urgent repairs in rental properties

If a tenant or resident requests any repairs must be in writing to the agent/landlord.Urgent repairs are:
  • burst water service.
  • blocked or broken toilet system.
  • serious roof leak.
  • gas leak.
  • dangerous electrical fault.
  • flooding or serious flood damage.
  • serious storm or fire damage failure or breakdown of any essential service or appliance provided by a landlord or agent for hot water, water, cooking, heating, or laundering.
  • failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply.any fault or damage in the premises that makes the premises unsafe or insecure.

Remember to fill out our maintenance request form on our website or send us an email to [email protected]

Emergency contact after business hours:

State Emergency Service   132 500

City West Water                  131 691

Plumber                              0431 038 412

Electrician                          (03) 9749 3568 / 0419 009 100

Heating & Cooling               0412 851 055

Hot Water System              (03) 9645 6500